program evaluation services
Brian Conners, Ph.D., BCBA offers a collaborative approach to program evaluation by teaming up with you and your key stakeholders to design and implement a comprehensive evaluation of your program. Evaluations are designed and tailored to fit your organization's needs, while providing an independent, neutral, unbiased evaluation that uses rigorous program evaluation standards. The program evaluation helps your organization seek answers to questions related to:
- Implementation: Were the program components implemented as you originally intended?
- Effectiveness: Is your program reaching the benchmarks you originally established?
- Efficiency: Are your program’s activities utilizing your organization's resources effectively?
- Cost-Effectiveness: Does your program’s goals and objectives exceed the cost of producing them?
- Attribution: Is your program's progress on goals and objectives due to your program or other unrelated variables?
METHODS OF PROGRAM EVALUATION
Program evaluation data are collected via web-based surveys, virtual focus groups, and/or video conferencing interviews. Other data sources that are used include secondary data, which would be information from your organization, such as policies, records, etc. Since it is an independent program evaluation you are provided with the evidence you need to improve your program; pinpoint strengths, weaknesses, and best practices; highlight important findings; and develop a plan to improve your program for future viability.
Program evaluation process & services
Brian Conners, Ph.D., BCBA's program evaluation service is suitable for K-12 schools, ABA practices, includes the following components:
- Understanding your program you want evaluated
- Developing a logic model for the program to pinpoint areas for evaluation
- Designing and planning the program evaluation
- Developing the survey instruments and data collection protocols, which may include interviews and focus groups
- Collecting and analyzing the data
- Writing a comprehensive program evaluation report
- Presenting the results of the program evaluation to your organization's leaders
Follow up technical assistance and consultation services are available as an additional add-on service after the program evaluation is completed.
Brian Conners, Ph.D., BCBA has extensive knowledge and experience in research and program evaluation making him a viable independent program evaluator for your organization's next program evaluation.
What is program evaluation?
Program evaluation is “the systematic collection of information about the activities, characteristics, and outcomes of programs to make judgments about the program, improve program effectiveness, and/or inform decisions about future program development.” (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2012; Patton, 1997).
who is a candidate for program evaluation?
Program evaluation is valuable for any organization and is commonly used in various sectors including:
- K-12 Education
- Higher Education
- ABA Agencies
- Businesses & Fortune 500 Companies
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Direct service interventions (e.g., a program that offers free screenings for autism to improve early diagnosis and access to services for children)
- Research initiatives (e.g., an effort to find out whether disparities in access to behavior analytic services based on geographic location can be reduced)
- Public policy & advocacy (e.g., a campaign to influence training standards by a certification organization)
- Training programs (e.g., a staff development program to improve behavior technicians accuracy in skill implementation)
-(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2012)