Brian Conners, Ed.S., BCBA presents locally and nationally on various topics in Applied Behavior Analysis, special education, and school psychology for organizations, schools, agencies, hospitals, etc. Furthermore, he has experience providing keynote presentations for state and national conference venues. He is also available for interviews for podcasts, radios, and television.
Workshops can be in the format of in-person or webinar (hosted by sponsoring organization).
Length of Workshops
Workshops can be the length of a minimum of one hour upwards to a half-day or even full day workshop!
Workshop Topics and Descriptions
Presentations can be designed and tailored for your organization's specific needs or you can select from a list of frequent presentations given by Brian Conners, Ed.S., BCBA below.
• Restraint and Seclusion Use in Applied Settings
This workshop focuses on the ethical and legal issues around the use of restraint and seclusion in applied settings (i.e., schools, agencies, hospitals, etc.). This workshop can be tailored to meet your organization's needs and can include an interactive component on the development of best practice policies on the use of these procedures.
• Multiculturalism and Diversity Issues in Applied Behavior Analysis
This workshop offers participants an opportunity to examine how multicultural and diversity issues can impact service delivery in Applied Behavior Analysis. An interactive discussion of potential ethical concerns are explored and how to overcome these dilemmas using an ethical decision-making model.
• Managing Severe Challenging Behavior
This workshop examines Applied Behavior Analysis interventions that can potentially be used to help reduce severe challenging behavior with clients, such as physical aggression, self-injury, property destruction, etc.
- Conners, B. (2018, October). Ethical and legal issues regarding restraint and seclusion use in schools. Workshop to be presented at the 36th Annual Autism Conference, Atlantic City, NJ.
Selected LIST OF PAST PRESENTATIONS
- Cicero, F., Conners, B., & Schatzman, S. (2018, April). Ethics, professionalism, and policy: Considerations for sensitive and intensive interventions. Panel discussion presented at the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts Annual Convention, St. Louis, MO.
- Conners, B., Johnson, A., Duarte, J., Murriky, R., & Marks, K. (2018, April). Behavior analyst perceptions of graduate training and supervision in multiculturalism and diversity. Poster session presented at the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts Annual Convention, St. Louis, MO.
- Cicero, F. & Conners, B. (2018, January). Managing significant problem behavior in children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Workshop presented to medical personnel at Hackensack Meridian Hospital, Hackensack, NJ.
- Lucazj, P., Cacciaguerra, F., & Conners, B. (2018, February). Cultural incompetency in ABA service delivery models: Implications for future behavior analysts. Poster session presented at the 12th Annual Autism Conference of the Association for Behavior Analysis International, Miami, FL.
- Conners, B. & Saydah, M. (2018, February). Policy analysis on restraint and seclusion: Implications for school psychologists. Poster session presented at the National Association of School Psychologists’ Annual Convention, Chicago, IL.
- Yankouski, B.,* & Massarelli, T. (2017, January). Ethical and legal issues on restraint and seclusion use in schools. Invited keynote presentation at the Macomb/St. Clair Psychological Association, Detroit, MI.
- Yankouski, B.,* & Massarelli, T. (2017, February). Developing a comprehensive behavior program to reduce special education costs. Practitioner conversation session to be presented at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, San Antonio, TX.
- Yankouski, B.,* & Massarelli, T. (2016, February). Ethical and legal issues on restraint and seclusion use in schools. Invited documented session presentation at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA.
- Yankouski, B.,* & Massarelli, T. (2016, February). Revisited: Reducing special education costs through a comprehensive behavior program. Practitioner conversation session presented at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA.
- Yankouski, B.* (2014, October). Best practices in appropriate use of restraint and seclusion in schools. Roundtable discussion presented at DePierro Faculty Forum of Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ.
- Yankouski, B.* (2013, April). Facilitating communication among school-based professionals. Invited panelist for panel discussion conducted at the 17th Annual Petersheim Academic Exposition at Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ.
- Yankouski, B.,* & Massarelli, T. (2013, February). Developing comprehensive school policies on restraint and seclusion. Mini-skills workshop conducted at the National Association of School Psychologists Annual Convention, Seattle, WA.
- Yankouski, B.* (2011, April). Restraint and seclusion in schools: Best practices and considerations for policy development in New Jersey. Workshop conducted at the meeting of New Jersey Psychologists in the Schools (NJPINS), a special interest group of the New Jersey Psychological Association, Iselin, NJ.
*Legal name change from Yankouski to Conners in 2017. All degrees, presentations, and publications under old last name of Yankouski are the degrees and work of Brian Conners, Ed.S., BCBA.